Health Alerts - Choose Wisely
It has become necessary to add this page to Health Alerts
because of the serious nature of medications.
Medically induced conditions are escalating quite seriously.
Lawsuits are on the rise because of malpractice, defective drugs
and scandalously dishonest pharmaceutical manufacturers
who's glory is their shame. You owe it to yourself and family
to be informed about these things. Maybe for a good friend!
My advice to Readers: Don’t turn your body into a money making machine – Companies like the above have no conscience when it comes to profit. Neither do GP/MDs often because their dispensing of medications is often accompanied with careless neglect to do their homework (check things out) but concern themselves with what the drug companies tell them in blind trust while expecting you to do the same.
Did you know that Medical Practitioners are given attractive incentives for
prescribing various medications?
Sadly to say, some attract more commission than others.
Here, I would like to commend three dedicated GPs in Australia I know.
The 1st one is very sparing with Anti-Pain medications and prescribes Pain Management and reading about natural cures because he knows the negative ramifications of taking too much or too many. Also, he is not quick
to prescribe Statins and certain medications that are new on the market.
The 2nd one sent a Company Representative out on his heels (so to speak) rather than take risks with his patients. I heard the young man say “the benefits outweigh the risks” as he was chased out of there. For those who don’t know, they are legal drug-pushers who peddle for profits. You may have seen one occasional at your local clinic – they carry briefcases in their hands with sophisticated material and free samples.
The 3rd one asked me on one occasion if I was out of any scripts and refused to dispense one when he thought it was doubling up. I said to check out the files and he would discover my words were true that I seldom often take one (because there would be only 1-2 pkts of 30 prescribed in a year) and take natural measures first. He was starting out careful. He actually said “you can’t have whatever you want” I wish more practitioners were
responsible like that!
Many practitioners are lazy with homework and observations when it comes to prescribing medications, their knowledge consists mostly of what the manufacturers tell them. Some GP/MDs have certain ones they stay with
and others are influenced by the visiting company representatives with whatever comes out that gives them
a good impression. It is good to be thorough when dispensing scripts that could make or break
someone's health or their pocket.
These things were necessary to tell you because most of the public are unaware of them. Please do not subscribe to the theory that "they can do no wrong" because that is proven not to be true to countless patients every day.
We do not live in a perfect world. Therefore both you and your practitioner should be very careful.
That's an absolute necessity! They are not God, they are not your hero, they are fallible like you and me.
I do not mean to undermine your confidence in your practitioner but sometimes we can be too confident.
PLEASE BE ADVISED!
The Cholesterol Scare Campaign Goes On
Watch out For Statin Pushers!
Now in both the USA and UK, Medical Practitioners are being encouraged by Big Pharma to
prescribe EVEN MORE statins.
But thank God for Practitioners with integrity because many are now stepping forward and speaking out against what could well be the biggest Medical Fraud of all time. How much integrity does your GP/MD have?
Statin drugs Cause problems they are Marketed to Solve
In a counter attack to the claimed benefits of statin drugs, newly published research has found that statin drug use leads to accelerated coronary artery and aortic artery calcification, both of which greatly contribute to cardiovascular disease and mortality. The new study comes on top of findings that led the FDA to mandate adding “diabetes risk” to the warning label of statin drugs.
The latest discovery makes it clear that statin drugs not only carry a significant risk of developing type 2 diabetes, they also accelerate the cardiovascular complications associated with diabetes. This has to be particularly disconcerting to the pharmaceutical companies since they have been marketing statins to reduce cardiovascular morbidity and mortality, not accelerate it.
According to Dr. Arthur Agatston, cardiologist and author of the South Beach diet books, coronary calcium is the best predictor of who will have a heart attack and who will not. A recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that coronary calcium was six times more accurate in predicting an impending heart attack than the risk factor of a family history of coronary heart disease.
Are statin drugs YET ANOTHER Big Pharma fraud designed to milk the consumer at the ultimate cost of his health and longevity? Is government YET AGAIN aiding and abetting its criminal pals in the pharmaceutical industry?
Here’s a summary of the Great Statins Scandal to date:
- “Bad” cholesterol is in fact a myth: cholesterol is essential to life.
- The brain contains only about 2% of the body’s total mass, but 25% of its total cholesterol. It is quite probable that our obsession with lowering cholesterol artificially using drugs is contributing to Alzheimer’s.
- Lipitor, the best selling-drug in the history of medicine at one time outsold every other drug on the market with no serious competitors.
- Statin drugs are known to have serious side effects, including these that the FDA warns against: liver damage, memory loss and confusion, type 2 diabetes, and muscle weakness.
Now, a group in the U.K. reports that the Cholesterol Treatment Trialists’ (CTT) Collaboration in Oxford has an agreement to keep secret much of the information contained in its vast database concerning results from 27 trials
of these drugs, NEARLY ALL OF WHICH WERE RUN BY A DRUG COMPANY.
Go to Following Link for The Report
New Light on Cholesterol and Heart
Recently, I discovered that Cholesterol is not really the culprit of so many heart attacks and disease from
a well respected pioneer in the Medical Profession that almost cost him his career when he first came out with his findings_ his peers ridiculed him for his work but later (more recently) have come to respect him a great deal.
You may like to go to the Low Fat Diets for a better understanding of the
Role of Cholesterol and the Cholesterol Myth.
Statins: An Ongoing Case of Corruption
Big Parma Gets $31 US Billion A Year from Patients Worldwide
and they're still deliberately lowering the standard Cholesterol Level
to rake in more. Sad to say, most GPs and MDs get all their information from them.
(Whatever Big Pharma says to do, they do)
Not many Medicos keep up-to-date with their own independent research.
The benefits of statins have been grossly exaggerated, the side effects have been grossly Under-Reported. There is a great debate going on with the statin lobbyists, and pharmaceutical companies to release their figures. There are class actions taking place in America against the statin drug companies, stating they knowingly have
Under-Rreported side effects such as muscle damage, memory loss and diabetes. There is also research into the fact that Statins reduce Co-enzyme Q10, an enzyme required by every mitochondria for energy transfer, causing muscle pain and damage (and what is the most important muscle in your body – ah that would be your heart), may actually contribute to heart disease!!!
Our Heart-Health NEEDS Co-Enzyme Q10!
WE MUST BE OUR OWN HEALTH ADVOCATE. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR HEALTH.
FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU”
- Cholesterol is required by almost every cell in our bodies. It is so vital we are able to manufacture it. Cholesterol is predominantly made by your liver. Cholesterol is so vital we manufacture the bulk of the body’s requirements.
- Cholesterol is the structure which is the base of all our sex hormones, bile acid and Vitamin D is made from. Cholesterol maintains cell walls, allows cellular communication and transportation of substances.
- Cholesterol is a poor predictor of heart disease. Half of those with heart disease have ‘normal’ cholesterol levels. Half of those with ‘high’ cholesterol levels have healthy hearts. Most heart attack victims have cholesterol within the “normal” range.
- It is the carrier of cholesterol (the lipoproteins LDL and HDL) which give a clearer picture of heart health. The concept of “Good” cholesterol HDL and “Bad” cholesterol LDL are outdated. We need to look at our particle sizes and patterns. Type A LDL are large fluffy particles that “looks like a cotton ball and does as much damage”. Type B is a small, hard, dense one which becomes oxidised and angry, sticking to the endothelium and creating inflammation. So you really need to know your particle size and how many of Type A or Type B you have. Knowing your total LDL is not very helpful, to say the least.
- Eating more good healthy fat raises your level of Type A fluffy particles, eating more sugar raises the Type B angry little particles, which really causes the damage. There appears to be some evidence that high amounts of omega 6 oils can also increase LDL type B.
- How do you get higher levels of angry, sticky, heavy, dense LDL particles? Glycation. This occurs when there is too much glucose in the blood, yet again pointing to sugar being the ‘bad boy’. Sugar and carbs are far more detrimental to our health than fat.
- Sugar causes inflammation. Sugar raises insulin which raises blood pressure, appetite, triglycerides and Type B LDL. Sugar in the blood attaches to proteins and causes AGE’s (advanced glycation end products). High levels of circulating insulin may cause microvascular damage to capillary walls in kidneys, which increases blood pressure, and causes the kidneys to retain sodium, which collectively increases blood pressure.
- Sugar causes high triglycerides, which is by far the biggest danger sign for heart disease. Lower your sugar, lowers insulin, lowers triglycerides, lowers your risk.
- Cholesterol carriers are only a problem when they are oxidised (damaged). Once they are damaged, they stick to the lining (endothelium) of our blood vessels and starts the process of inflammation. “Cholesterol cannot accumulate in arteries without inflammation.”
- Inflammation is the true cause of heart disease. And what causes inflammation? You guessed it, high carb diet, high insulin levels, processed foods, stress, smoking, heavy alcohol use.
- Low cholesterol is not healthy. Low cholesterol is linked with depression, aggression, Alzheimer’s, suicidal thoughts to name a few. Cholesterol is required to make brain cells. You need cholesterol for memory and cognitive function. Read Lipitor – Thief of a Memory, written by a former astronaut who lost his memory after taking a statin to lower his cholesterol.
- Cholesterol aids the body in fighting infection. When there is an infection present in the body, HDL goes down because it is used to fight the toxins, and this may be one of the reasons why cholesterol is found at the site of inflammation. But this is not to say that cholesterol is to blame for the inflammation, in fact, it could be the opposite, it is present to calm the inflammation.
- Omega 3 fats are anti-inflammatory, Omega 6 fats cause inflammation. It’s the balance we must get right. Avoid Omega 6 fats ( vegetable oils such as canola oil, soy oil), and increase our Omega 3 fats – walnuts, flaxseeds, macadamia nuts, wild fish, grass fed meat.
I am currently working on this Page!